Thursday, February 9, 2012

Degree of randomness

There are different aspects of life that fascinate people differently. Something which has caught my fancy of late is the degree of randomness in one's life. Order is against the grain of human life. I think while I pursue for more order in my life , its balancing out one way or the other. God is very good with numbers, he insures that the sum total remains zero.

Spending time with oneself, however rare it has become in the modern lifestyle, opens my eyes to a totally different world where money, position, achievement do not amount to anything. It just tells me what I don't need in my life to be happy or stable, unfortunately it doesnt tell me what I need in life. Frankly, I don't know , living life on a per day basis has it's own set of challenges, the most striking one being, there is nothing to look forward to the day after... And this again adds to the randomness in my life distrubing my personal entropy equation.

I sit in silence with no agenda and after a while it becomes difficult because of lack of structure not just in action but also in thoughts. I know a friend of mine who also chides me for thinking random stuffs and not doing anything about it. To my defense I can only say that I will work my way through it, may be live with it and not necessarily suffer from it ...

3 comments:

  1. "Order is against the grain of human life" - It would be a shock that it's coming from me but i totally agree. No matter how much you plan or try to be ordered, you will get screwed if you have to and no matter how random you are, you will succeed if you have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smells like fatalism ! Though one would like to believe one's future is in its own hand, but there are other forces at play...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its indeed a shock wen Ayush says it... Randomness is the essence.. Its just the degree which sets you apart from the rest :)

    ReplyDelete