Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Forlorn

I told it several times, tried to convince the stubborn alter ego
T’ didn’t yield the exact results though pure was the motto
T’ insists on revels in the memory of the bygone
Undermines all my efforts I made since dawn


T’ goes on to argue my position with a rebellion rant
Says it was I who set it up contrary to its want
T’ still yearns for the sunny mornings and warm days
Blaming me for the tempest that me creates


Sleepless nights, restless days, diffident smiles and hollow laughter
Like an aimless arrow it runs towards a goal that is not an honour
Like a crying child wanting to be lapped by its mother
T’ hopes for a fate similar that’s better


T’ is doing what it could while I am what I should
Premises I don’t have to act on it so rude
They say there is good in everything he does
Long lost the reasons to believe in those words


If he can’t act God, I too should get a reprieve
Battling humans, struggling men isn’t that a sight so trite
Oh I must be punished for questioning the incontestable reality
But grant me a patient hearing if it’s not the time yet for your benignity


What does one do when the destiny conspires
Where does one take refuge when the soul has no desires
Why & how are long left conundrums that I do not seek
All I long now is some silence for my heart that is weak


With each ticking second I am nearing towards you
I hope to start a conversation that’s long overdue
Left little to chance, I aim to make a fresh beginning
I lost hope here and I can't see anyone ushering

No comments:

Post a Comment