Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Whims

There are many ways to ascertain your present, dissect your past & remain optimistic about your future. Of them, I find stoicism the ideal & reactiveness the easiest one. Yes, I am talking for myself & given the luxury of living the way I would like to, stoicism offers the equilibrium, I have always been looking for! I will put this discussion aside for my next blog.

Speaking of future, well even God doesn't know what choices will I make, what my whimsical brain chances to pursue & what situations will I be put into, so an exercise in futility is laying any thought on my future. It stems from the fact that Man isn't quite a rational animal. I am not a logical computing machine ( that makes human kind enigmatic ) that is driven by a formulae, I may act sensible & et al but the deep desire to submit to whims is overwhelming. What this would also mean is that I am being true to myself & am not acting under any influence, societal & parental etc.

Well present is like a free flow, one gets so little time to think & act. Consider this,you are flying in a dying aeroplane whose flight has been curtailed by a faulty engine, you would jump into the sea with or without the life-jacket. Indeed its that
thin a margin! Most of us think we made a well-thought decision & had weighed all of the options but until the moment you made that choice, nothing is crystal, briging to the fore my point that whimsicality plays a very important role in our lives/presence.Well, in my life , it definitely does.

What is not whimsical is the past !! Does it need any more discussion ? Something that has happened is not a figment of anyone's imagination, is not for anybody to speculate & is not subject to whims of human kind, the fact that it has happened
puts all discussions to rest. One reason why we tend to romanticize our past is because it is bereft of any whimsicality, it is what we aspire to be , yes it has attained the equilibrium. We are at peace with our past because we believe it is crystal & not shaky as our present & future are. Let me explain with the help of an example. You hated your childhood & wanted to quickly grow up & earn like your father, ofcourse you hated all the restrictions that were put on you, but when you think of that period now, ah don't you interpret it to glorious heights? Yes we all do & we do so because we find them "there", "crystal", something which is better than our vagarious present & future. Reasoning from Einstein's relativity also purports my agenda for this blog, which can summed up in one line " We all are whimsical by nature, some win while some are won over"

5 comments:

  1. We all are whimsical by nature, some win while some are won over

    Great line I must say,, very nicely written

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy the idea of stoicism....wish could attain even an iota of the same.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant.. :).. definitely some food for thought

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our present is vagarious...because we keep thinking of the future while being at the present...may be the insecure self in you or may be sheer anticipation. But its truely difficult to live the present to the fullest and I personally feel those who do can be seggregated from the rest in just one sight...

    But I tend to differ on "We are at peace with our past"....many a times we feel, something could have been done another way....some better way...many a times you dream of your past but a different past...though its static now but whims do exist in that arena...bcuz whims have no bounds...they truely don't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 18th century-ish...Cant think so much actually...think its easier to let it be and jus let it happen :P
    PS - Pays to be a 'Beatles' fan I guess...'Let It Be' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEogJacjLTE

    ReplyDelete