Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fat by chance

It’s time to talk something light-hearted. Talking of which I am immediately reminded of a couple of friends who are well “fat" by all prescribed medical standards. Their reluctance to accept their fat fate dies a natural death as more and more fat deposits over the bones. Whenever I look at them, I forget the sense of my pain, it’s actually therapeutic!
Imagine you come back from mundaneness of your day in the world and find a chubby buddy wearing ill fitting attire, sitting barely on a lean-oriented chair running his fat palm across his paunch to illustrate his hunger! What would be your first reaction? Won't you forget what travails you had undergone in the day and smile at your hungry friend? Won't you like to accede to the wishes of your gourmand friend? I will do it for him and for myself because those moments ought to freeze in time, when on one hand one man is behaving like a pure animal and on the other hand another man is behaving like a nursing human being. Isn't nursing divine? And If I can nurse the hunger of one man, I shall certainly call myself a lucky guy! If you think I am being too harsh on the fat community, spare a thought for your hungry fat roommate / flat mate / floor mate, I bet you won't put me in the dock for this observation.

Inter alia fat people have a flair for comedy, much in the same fashion as Amitabh Bachchan had for Angry Young man-ish roles. If movies are any support to go by, I will win this argument hands down (case in point being comedians of the old Hindi movies), but I know I need to make myself clearer. Imagine this: A very serious discussion is on, admittedly on the matters of life and death, a fat guy breaks into the scene of discussion. Well one look at his bear claw toes, elephantine legs, dome shaped paunch, chubby multichinned cheeks and if you are lucky, one word from such a monumental figure will leave you in splits. There are fat chances for the abortion of the discussion and what will ensue will only be the sounds of laughter. You may be thinking that I am taking my imagination too far but one look at them, all your apprehensions will melt. Why else do you think every court house has fat attendants, well surely they like to keep it light (their moods)!
I will be doing injustice to this blog if I wouldn’t mention the extraordinary skills a fat guy brings to the table (dining). In his presence you can rest assured, not even a single grain of food goes to the garbage thus keeping your conscience clear all the time! There is more to what meets the eyes, a fat guy will always back you to eat more and will actually goad on you to increase your appetite. What more can be expected of a friend who keeps your conscience clean and body healthy! Much to their dismay, if I may be allowed to write on my blog, I have been harbouring a sentiment against fat guys. Some of them call me fattist over this but let me candidly admit, ‘fat guys can surely live the way they like to & I shall offer least resistance to their pursuits’, just somehow I can’t take them seriously! By doing so, I am merely handing over to them a poetic justice i.e. “Even the fat guys can’t have everything”, not my seriousness, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment